Technical Ducato x250 Cruise control problem

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato x250 Cruise control problem

LesAshmore

Hi All,
New to this so I hope you will bear with me, I have a Fiat Ducato based Motorhome X250 I understand a 2010 model, It has Cruise control fitted as standard, when I try to use it I turn the switch on the stalk and the green light speedo comes on in the dash but no message telling me the cruise control is on and the CC fails to work, I have checked the fuse (F51) and this is ok.
I am hoping beyond hope that it is something simple that I can check and sort out myself if someone can point me in the right direction please.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying
According to the book it say's there is a message appears in instrument panel as well as the green Speedo light.
I have tried numerous ways, I switch it on then just push stick upwards and release, I have tried holding stick forward for a second then releasing and also pushing forward and holding for a few seconds then releasing all to no avail.

Hi. I have a 2009 motorhome with cruise control, so not that different. The vehicle handbook tries to cover all versions, and is therefore sometimes ambiguous. I only get a green light so I suspect that the "relevant message" only applies if you have a "digital dashboard". I only have the lesser "multifunction display". After switching on with the rotary collar, you accelerate to the dsired speed and then hold the stick upwards (+) for at least one second for the cruise control to activate. If this fails you will need dealer diagnostics. To be honest I hardly ever use cruise control in the UK as the main roads are just too crowded for it to be useful.

Thanks for that, I have tried that method so it looks like I am going to the professionals then, I have always used CC as I tend to travel a lot up A1 and also a lot in Europe so I find it very useful.

It will be the contacts in the CC stalk remove it and clean them with contact cleaner, I had to bend the contacts a little bit works perfect now. Didn't get much help on here so did my own investigation. I have a thread with pictures in "motorhome fun" forum.

Back