General New tyres for my Panda 1,2

khbk

I am about to buy new summer tyres 175/65-14 for my 2014
Panda 1.2.
What would you buy?

I am about to buy new summer tyres 175/65-14 for my 2014
Panda 1.2.
What would you buy?
I have just replaced my front tyres on my Panda, I got 185/55/15 Avons ZV7 £117.00 fitted. Had Avon many times, great tyre.

Avon Tyres rated A for wet grip Avon tyres
Avon
Avon ZV7
ZV7
Read More
185/55 R15 V (82)

4.6/5( 127 reviews )
Tyre Label
Tyre Fuel Efficiency Rating: E
Tyre Wet Grip Rating:A
Noise Emission / Exterior Noise: 68 dBs, 2 Bars Fully fitted price£58.43

Selected fitting date availableFirst Available Fitting Date:13-06-2019

Just fitted Goodyear Efficient Grip about 62 each. They perform well wet and dry. As its my daughters car I would throw them out if less than 100% satisfied.

Interesting to hear about Avons. How do they do in terms of mileage / wear? I have always thought they gripped well but the last bones we had in my family were a very long time back because they wore very fast. Are they made in UK? If so will try again for next set I need.

Generally you get what you pay for. I have had many types over the years and with company cars tested them to the max. Conclusion is best VFM are Michelin but they are expensive to buy.

To some extent how many miles you do a year is a big influence as after 7 years I understand you must change if you want any insurance to pay out! So if lower miles a year you might as well go all out for good grip especially in the wet. If you do a lot of miles Mich has it without a doubt in my mind.

Auto express tyre tests seem to think Continental are the best. They are great on my new panda in the wet, but feel as if they are lacking in grip in the dry. Its the scrubbing sound I don't like. I have Conti's on the front of my Bravo but this makes mpg significantly worse than the original Bridgestones which are great on the Bravo but were poor on a Micra - same size tyres as Panda.

Hi.
I fitted Nexens on my previous Panda. I was very impressed with them. In comparison to the Efficient Grips they were quieter, with excellent grip in the dry with no issues in the wet and a softer compound giving a less jarring ride. The life may be a little lower but the tyres are slightly cheaper than top makes so overall a very good tyre. I'd buy them again.

I bought Michelins.
They will be fitted on Friday.
Thanks for inputs.

Back