Technical Replacing rear screen

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing rear screen

Soody

Did ask this a good few years ago but things may have changed since then. My current B is now beyond economical repair. It will be going up for sale for parts shortly. Have seen a possible replacement but it needs a replacement rear windscreen. Looks lie I can get one from Germany for about £115 inc the tools to do the job. Anyone tried it, if so, how easy was it?

I seem to recall there was a thread on that a few years ago, and that it was a very fiddly job. It certainly put me off doing mine, but as I never use my B with the hood up, I can like with a cloudy screen!

How much would you want for the windshield wiper assy, I don't need the motor? Mine works but is rusted badly. The only place on the entire car where I found rust.

Update: I have been able to persuade a friend to do the welding for me that needs to be done to get it through it's MOT. If I can do that for a few hundred quid then I will keep hold of it for a few more years. The one I went to look at was a real mess bodywise although mechanically sound. Dealer seemed keen to get rid of it. Was on for £2500, but am sure he would take £1K less. Sorry for getting hopes up about possible spare parts. If things chance, I will be back in touch.

Last edited:
Back