General Spare parts

Currently reading:
General Spare parts

Cjay22

Can anyone recommend a site for service parts please( not Euro Car Parts)
Thanks Darren

Can anyone recommend a site for service parts please( not Euro Car Parts)
Thanks Darren

Try GSF.

ECP can be OK, if you stick to branded aftermarket parts (such as MANN for filters). I'd agree that their Crosland stuff is best avoided (they bought the name when Crosland went bust, and stick it on the cheapest parts they can source in the global market).

If you're looking for decent oil at a reasonable price, Costco sometimes have wothwhile special offers.

Also, some franchised dealers sell OEM parts on the internet at much lower prices than from their trade counters.

Last edited:
Thanks I need a clutch kit as well,but not too sure about the cheaper ones

Thanks I need a clutch kit as well,but not too sure about the cheaper ones

Stick with established brands, and read the reviews.

You're already saving ££££ by doing it yourself, so unless finances are uber-tight, make your life a little easier and buy good quality parts (and tools).

If you're changing the clutch on a 500, pay particular attention to the hydraulics; it's a known weak point on RHD 500's (LHD cars have a cable clutch). A less than perfect master or slave cylinder is a common source of clutch drag, and difficulty in changing gears; it'd be a shame to ruin a new clutch because the hydraulics were past their best.

Even new cars have been known to weep from the master cylinder onto the actuating pushrod; take a torch and look up into the footwell (inside the passenger compartment) to inspect for this.

Last edited:
Just to "chuck" my ha'penny worth into the ring. I have bought a number of parts (metal coolant pipe etc) and service items (oil etc) from Shop4parts. and found them to be of good quality. Other than that I mostly buy from my local factor (SRS). I find Mike at S4p very helpful and it's well worth just giving him a quick ring about anything you're unsure on.

I agree with our moderator on the clutch hydraulics. I've had problems with this on both our own 1.2 Panda and my boy's 1.4 8 valve Punto - still sorting out the Punto and it's looking like both slave and master cylinders are going to be needed. I'll probably buy from S4p.

Back