General Affinity Scheme

Currently reading:
General Affinity Scheme

Daveweim

Hi All,

I've had my Cross for just over two years now and love it. I'm considering purchasing a new one via the affinity scheme qualifying either through British Cycling membership or my partner via the NHS.

I understand looking at the previous thread that the discount available was 22% up until the end of March - has a new discount list been published?

Also, under this scheme is part-ex allowed/an option? I do not want finance but will obviously want to pass my current Cross on.

Thanks a lot.

Goudrons may be able to unearth the Affinity doc for you. To my knowledge if only a set number of dealers will sell you something under the scheme, they should take your car as part ex. Believe any dealer may sell you car under scheme, but bang goes their profit margin (they're not like Vauxhall who have publicly advertised discounts if you work for any of their partners). There may be 2 month wait to build the new one though. Hope this helps.

I haven't bought one on Affinity (outright purchase) but on Privilege (PCP).

Both the Mrs and myself qualify via the NHS, so we've had a few.

I am not sure British Cycling still qualifies, I seem to think Fiat no longer sponsor them, there is nothing on their site anymore.

For a deal via the NHS you need to ask the dealer and show them your assignment number when it comes time to sign the dotted line.

Trade ins shouldn't be a problem.

With both Affinity and Privilege, the deals are quarterly and they tend to go up and down a bit.
The latest list is here
https://www.polfed.org/westmids/media/2521/fca-affinity-price-list-1-may-30-june-2019.pdf

There are other avenues for NHS discounts on cars.
What you save depends on what models they are pushing.
The Mrs got her Vitara through https://www.nhs.motorsourcegroup.com/ and saved £4500 on it.
Their customer service is peerless, really friendly and efficient, you choose which dealer to pick the car up from, though they don't really do trade ins.

Thanks both for the reply. My other half is with the local Ambulance Authority so I'm hoping/assuming that qualifies for the scheme otherwise I'll join the Fiat Motor Club. The nearest dealer to me is over an hour a way and I actually travelled 4 1/2 hours to collect my current Cross so I'm happy to travel wherever. I'll see what sort of deal I can get and then make a decision.

Back