Technical For the ECU Wizards of the forum

Currently reading:
Technical For the ECU Wizards of the forum

Makarintosh

I got my hands on a TJet 150hp from a Fiat Bravo along with the computers (body/ecu), ignition barrel, ignition ring, key, looms and so on for my 100hp.

Question is, what I think may work, I am not sure. The plan is to repin the Pandas body to ECU plug to the Bravos plug so that way all electrics are going through there, then to virginize the ECU so that my Pandas key works.

Is this something that's possible or will the body computer (Pandas) start to have communication issues with the ECU (Bravos)?

Let me know your thoughts

Yup have the fuel pump. Would of course be making the fuel return line. Also would be using the Pandas 6 speed box for now but have A500 5 speed once i feel the need.

not even seen a full wiring diagram for the Panda

body computer talks to the ECU to control the fans, warning lights and so on.

I wouldn't even know where to start especially with the lack of information available

Diagrams arent an issue I have those. My concern is whether or not the ECU can communicate with the body computer. Just not sure if the communication protocols are the same.

The Bravo ECU is the ME 7.9.10 which people have managed to virginize in order to accept a new key. Fiat 500 1.4 100HP also use the ME 7.9.10 so potentially it should be all good. There may be extra wires that is required but i havent completed mapping the Bravo body side ecu plug.

It's highly likely that Fiat have the same code in all of the ECUs (they dont change stuff they dont have to). But who knows how compatible the computers actually are between car models. I suspect the only way you'll know is to connect and see what happens.

I'm sure you'll know that factory fresh boxes lock to each other at first use and become a working set. After that, you can't easily replace just one box. I imagine eproms (or some such) are written to and can't be erased/zero'd by normal means. It's a security feature but it does seem a bit brutal to not have a (controlled) way to reset the eproms.

Last edited:
The plan is to virginize the Bravo ECU, which is an ME 7.9.10, and connect it up. There are other concerns that I have which is that the ECUs maps are torque based and use all sorts of different strategies whilst driving. Hopefully all of the sensors that the Bravo uses I have along with most of them being already wired in in the Panda.

Back