Technical New clutch

Currently reading:
Technical New clutch

Jon150

Hi

Probably been asked before, I’ve got 2008 2.3 multi jet,X250. What sort of job is it to change the clutch, been quoted silly money from garages, as they say it needs the subframe removing, and a 9 hour job, is this correct, or can you do it with out removing it. I’m good with the spanner’s, just never done a van before.
Any help or info greatly received.
Thx Jon

I had a clutch fitted in my 2011 X250 by a friend in his yard. While it was a bit awkward without a vehicle lift it wasn’t impossible by a man with a can do attitude.

Yes, you are correct in saying you are being quoted crazy prices - but that’s just the way of the world in vehicle ownership.

the clutches themselves are fairly inexpensive -looking at £450 if it needs a flywheel as well though- a fitted clutch would add labour and vat to that total-

a heavy awkward job without a ramp and you would need to get it high enough off the ground to get the box out of your way,but there are a lot worse motors to work on-remember to drain the oil as loads will pish out when the shafts are pulled.

Yuk euro crap parts!

Go somewhere that will sell you a genuine LUK self adjusting clutch, it probably came with a Valeo from new but LUK is stronger.

Yuk euro crap parts!

Go somewhere that will sell you a genuine LUK self adjusting clutch, it probably came with a Valeo from new but LUK is stronger.

If you get an LUK clutch Kit have a look at the the clutch you may be surprised that its manufactured by Valeo even the Fiat OEM ones are Valeo Found this out a few years ago after i paid for a LUK clutch which failed shortly after and was found to be a valeo all in LUK packaging

Back