Technical Need Help Finding a Part - Brake Pad Wear Indicator Wire

Currently reading:
Technical Need Help Finding a Part - Brake Pad Wear Indicator Wire

GhostStage

Hello All,

I have recently replaced my front brake discs and pads and have discovered that the brake pad wear indicator/sensor wire has broken (not on the pad its self, the side connected to the car/control unit)

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement wire that I can install? I've searched everywhere and have had no luck.

Car details:
Make: Fiat
Model: Grande Punto
Style: Hatchback, 3DR
Engine: 1.2, 1242cc, Petrol, 65HP
Year: 2008 (199)

Thanks for your help.

As far as I can see in ePer, this is part of the whole front harness :-(

The good thing is that's just a ground signal and it can be fixed easily, you don't even need connectors. A bit of welding, a bit of silicon, 5cm shrink tube and it'd be done...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

As far as I can see in ePer, this is part of the whole front harness :-(

The good thing is that's just a ground signal and it can be fixed easily, you don't even need connectors. A bit of welding, a bit of silicon, 5cm shrink tube and it'd be done...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)
Would you happen to have a guide to do this?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Easyist way may be to just cut off the end and use generic 2 pin connector waterproof connector
Could allways just join the cables together however to get a circuit circuit won't work then but you don't have to drive with the warning on all the time

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tyco-AMP...81:m:m7N2FJc-jduIdD2uTSj0Lig&var=531186805485
Very often breakers cut the cables when salvaging the calliper. If you check eBay, you'll see some. I tried several to ask if they'd send me just the connector. Some would but wanted half the price of the calliper, some ignored me and others just wanted me to buy the calliper. I eventually just at a local breaker who charged me £0 [emoji16].
Def not available separately from fiat.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
...Could allways just join the cables together however to get a circuit circuit won't work then but you don't have to drive with the warning on all the time...

Nope, there is only one wire! When it's grounded (when the pad is worn) it informs the system that brakes need service. If you leave it "in the air", nothing will happen: no warning, never, unless it touched the body.
If you want to restore this functionality, you really have to re-do a proper connection ...

BRs, Bernie

Back