General 1995 Fiat Uno 1300 project

Currently reading:
General 1995 Fiat Uno 1300 project

jacobitosuperstar

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and i found it as i was trying to search for some stuff to modify of my fiat. I'm not unhappy with it by any means, but i want to make it my project car.

Fiat Uno 1995 motor 1300 made in Venezuela, 145.000 Km, my father was the only owner. He had most of his life a driver, so he didn't used it much, and he just gave it to me.

Even tho i'm 28, i just started driving (2 weeks with my licence, and i never drove anything before) and the car has been a blast, not only to learn in it, but is just awsome to drive. I changed its tyres recently (they were the same as 1995), bought a new carburator, battery and fixed it's motor, because of the low use it was damaged and the interior needs to be changed (working on it).

I'm pretty much broke, but i would like to know, how good or bad is to change it's motor to inyection. I'm not going to sell the car, so after market value for me is not important, only the costs of putting it, and actual performance. Maybe turbo charge it later?...

I love the car, but idk whats is better service for the car, leave it with everything original, or modify it, and bust its fun factor. My father is happy with me driving his old car, so he just goes with the flow. i'm new in the car community and i don't want to do a bad service to the car, so im open to suggestions.

I can add photos if you want to see it.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and i found it as i was trying to search for some stuff to modify of my fiat. I'm not unhappy with it by any means, but i want to make it my project car.

Fiat Uno 1995 motor 1300 made in Venezuela, 145.000 Km, my father was the only owner. He had most of his life a driver, so he didn't used it much, and he just gave it to me.

Even tho i'm 28, i just started driving (2 weeks with my licence, and i never drove anything before) and the car has been a blast, not only to learn in it, but is just awsome to drive. I changed its tyres recently (they were the same as 1995), bought a new carburator, battery and fixed it's motor, because of the low use it was damaged and the interior needs to be changed (working on it).

I'm pretty much broke, but i would like to know, how good or bad is to change it's motor to inyection. I'm not going to sell the car, so after market value for me is not important, only the costs of putting it, and actual performance. Maybe turbo charge it later?...

I love the car, but idk whats is better service for the car, leave it with everything original, or modify it, and bust its fun factor. My father is happy with me driving his old car, so he just goes with the flow. i'm new in the car community and i don't want to do a bad service to the car, so im open to suggestions.

I can add photos if you want to see it.
If youre referring to the 1299cc or 1301cc dual choke engine, i would leave it as it is ;)

Thanks for the feedback

Most of my friends are telling me that, and i guess that i could leave that and be my daily driver, and buy in the future a more sporty car for the weekends, like a cheap Mazda Miata or a 2000 Audi A4.

Back