Technical grande 1.4 8v p0202 error

Currently reading:
Technical grande 1.4 8v p0202 error

grande 1.4 8v p0202 error

car lacks power

mes shows p0202 short circuit with the injector cables, error code moves if i switch connector from 2nd cylinder injector to first one

changed injector cable set and got same error, 15amp fuse was blown in engine bay but dunno what that is even for cuz its still the same after i put good one in

what on earth is going on?

Hi "Flisko",

I suspect the injector #2 to be the culprit, not the cable(s)!

When you swap the cables, #2 becomes #1 seen by the ECU. Therefore the ECU would report a short in injector circuit #1 ; does that make sense ?
According to another poster, the coil resistance at injector is around 15ohms. Use the old harness to make a nice measuring probe and check each injector.

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Attachments

• Engine controls 1.4 8V 1.JPG
    Engine controls 1.4 8V 1.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Engine controls 1.4 8V 2.JPG
    Engine controls 1.4 8V 2.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 112
Hi "Flisko",

I suspect the injector #2 to be the culprit, not the cable(s)!

When you swap the cables, #2 becomes #1 seen by the ECU. Therefore the ECU would report a short in injector circuit #1 ; does that make sense ?
According to another poster, the coil resistance at injector is around 15ohms. Use the old harness to make a nice measuring probe and check each injector.

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

yea i didnt measure injector resistance, took it to electrician and he measured it and it was around 4.5 ohms, i put another injector in and now it works fine

Hi Flisko, seems like your problem is solved then?

Be aware that you have to "register" the new injector (at least for diesel, not sure about petrol engines, anybody??) by typing its number in MES !

BRs, Bernie

Hi Flisko, seems like your problem is solved then?

Be aware that you have to "register" the new injector (at least for diesel, not sure about petrol engines, anybody??) by typing its number in MES !

BRs, Bernie

didnt register it, car works normal

Maybe you should, could work even better !?

Anyway, thanks for the update!!

BRs, Bernie

For petrol engines there is nothing in MES about registering injectors. Overal for petrol engines we don't need to do anything except injector replacement. Important is only used type - IWP160 for Puntos

Back