Technical Dash rattle

Currently reading:
Technical Dash rattle

Sorry I know this topic has been covered before but I’ve got 68 pop with 8k that’s rattling badly when cold from the passenger side. It sounds like something plasticky that is affected by vibrations. Once warm it stops or if you press lightly on the dash top. Still a massive irritation, give how many years this has gone on for, you would have thought Fiat could have implemented a fix at the factory.

Anyway I’ve tried the usual, tightened the bolts for the airbag unit and had a good poke around with the glove box out. I can’t find anything. Still rattles. Having read the previous posts, some people have issues with it when warm, mines goes away when warm. I can’t be bothered talking it to the dealership, my previous panda was made worse after the “dash fix”.

Will the 4mm rubber wedges work for this cold rattle from experience?

Adam

i put some stick back door seal in between the dash and the a pillar, also when you have the glove box out look up under the dash and there's a large metal which runs under the top of the dash, i believe this is where the drumming comes from.

They all do it . No fix , I've tried everything. My theory is that Fiat factory is warm and when the cars are shipped to colder climate nothing fits together , if you move to Italy yer car will be fine ??

Did you get it fixed i have same problem on a 4 months old panda it seems coming from glovebox but its not

I took it to the dealership back in April I think, when it was cooler. It rattled badly then. Surprise surprise when the garage had it, they couldn’t hear it

Since then it’s been quiet due to the warmer weather. To me it sounds like the centre vents or pipework being the dash. Any light pressure on the front of the dash stops the rattle. So I’m going to try wedging some foam between the centre vents and dash later in the year. I’ll see if that applies just enough pressure to stop the rattle. It won’t let me attach a video with noise

They all do it . No fix , I've tried everything. My theory is that Fiat factory is warm and when the cars are shipped to colder climate nothing fits together , if you move to Italy yer car will be fine ����

I am on my second new one since 2017 and touch wood have absolutely no rattles and squeaks. I have had many other makes that do this and have found that silicon spray in and around all joints like the windscreen demist vent and round the edge gives a fix but you must repeat every few months and make sure to wipe away any excess to avoid tide marks. Halfords sell this in yellow topped cans in the lubricants section. Worst culprit was a Golf, but the spray kept it firmly in check.

Last edited:
Back