Technical Abarth 500C Auto convert to manual

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth 500C Auto convert to manual

costas201

Hello all,

I have been reading in this forum for a long time but never got into joining until now.

I own a 2010 Abarth 500C bought new without any major issues all these years. Serviced regularly, oil changes, everything needed purchased from FIAT new etc. Drove it daily (pushing it hard for all these years - 100,000km + - Changed clutch some months ago), everything nice and smooth, until now.

Last week the gears started acting funny, not allowing me to change from N to 1 or R... Managed to take it to my mechanic and the issue is highly likely to be the selespeed gearbox. I`m halfway thought the The one and only Dualogic failure thread at the moment. My best option is to buy the whole selespeed part new (which will cost me at least EUR 1500 + buy new clutch kit and slave cylinder etc) BUT I was thinking whether there is a possibility that we can convert my car to manual. I searched the forum and over the internet, found some info but I was not being able to find anyone saying that it managed to successfully convert it.

Is there anyone that have managed to pull this through?

Is it possible to do it if we have all the necessary parts:

• Used manual gearbox
  • Used Clutch pedal
  • New Clutch pump
  • Used Shifter
  • Wires and any any other parts required

I know that the main issue is the selespeed ECU connection with the body ECU but I would appreciated your advise and especially from anyone has managed to pull this through!

Back