Technical Trouble getting heater box out of my MK1 Punto GT2.

Currently reading:
Technical Trouble getting heater box out of my MK1 Punto GT2.

takis14

Hello.

My MK1 1995 Punto GT2, has a leaking heater core. All the mechanics have told me that they simply dont want to mess with that repair, or others have told me that this repair will cost me around 500 Euros. There was no way i was gonna pay that much so i decided to fix it myself. The problem is that, i have removed the center console, instrument panel, dashboard etc. but i cant find a way to remove the heater box. I've removed the three screws on top of the heater box (one over the grills on the right side, and two near the top of the center console) but it just doesnt want to move. Any advice is more than welcome!

I did this job myself over the winter and had the same problem. There are two nuts you need to locate in the engine bay on the bulkhead which release the heater box. On mine they were hidden behind thick soundproofing material. Once you have removed the nut, you may still have to prise the heater box gently away from the bulkhead as it may have bonded itself to the bituminous sound insulation.

Thank you so much! I finally removed the heater core, which was in awful condition, full of dirt and old coolant. Now i have to fight the struggle of getting everything back together and hopefully make the car start again hehe.
Thanks for your help!!

I need to do this in my Punto and my sisters. We both got a Punto mk1. I never replaced the heater radiator but I know how to do it as I dismantled a Punto mk1 all by myself and been working a lot on mine and my sisters so I almost know everything about these cars

Back