Technical fit a third seat in a campervan

Currently reading:
Technical fit a third seat in a campervan

luckyeddy

Hi all, I have a 58 reg hi top doblo campervan, problem is I would like to fit a rear nearside passenger seat, the raised floor section to which the rear seats are bolted to has been removed to give a flat floor, the conversion company wants £500-£600 to fit a seat, any ideas ? cheers Joe.

Doesn't sound too far off the mark for supply and fit I guess...

If your want to do it yourself, find a suitable seat and blot through floor with spreader plates

Thanks for your reply, I don't think I will attempt the job myself as it may not confirm to the MOT standards, the quote of £500-£600 was from the conversion company who are some 100 miles away, thanks for your advice, I think I will ask around some local companies where I live in the west midlands, regards, Joe.

Thanks for your reply, I don't think I will attempt the job myself as it may not confirm to the MOT standards, the quote of £500-£600 was from the conversion company who are some 100 miles away, thanks for your advice, I think I will ask around some local companies where I live in the west midlands, regards, Joe.

I would definitely think you will find a comparable (or better) quote closer. BTW, I have a single rear seat from a Doblo (facelift model) I'm looking to sell if that's the route you wanted to go down. I am located in Bromsgrove.

My son in law has agreed to have a go at fitting a seat so if buying and selling is ok on here lets give it a go.

My wife decided our 2002 1.9JTD needed the back seat (7 seat option) and I am in the same boat.

I've gotten to oportunity to take a look at the mounting points. It's fairly simple. Loads of pictures and some measurements of the mount hardware, fabrication of the home built version should (I say that not having done it yet) be fairly straight forward.

I opted to buy the rear seat belts from Fiat OEM. Something that important, didn't wanna take a chance.

Hi, yes campervan is registered with DVLA also insurance co, regards.

Hi, do you have a Doblo campervan ?. my doblo was a 7 seater but is now fully kitted out professionally, the sink/cooker unit covers the seat belt anchorage point, plus the plywood floor covers the anchor point on the floor, to top it all the raised floor section behind the front passenger seat has been cut away to fit the plywood floor, hope this all makes sense.

Back