Technical Stop/Start

Currently reading:
Technical Stop/Start

overki11

Hi all, I've had my tipo 67 plate for about a month now. Took it back to the garage yesterday as the stop/start has never worked.
Was told the battery had a full recharge and everything reset and working. Just picked the car up and to my surprise it's still not working, had a good 45min drive to see what the battery indicator was showing. It has never been full to I think it says 18v when full, its always been on half etc.
Just wondering, if the garage said it has had a full charge would it of dropped in such a quick time. Waiting for a call back, but it will be Monday now.
I'm just curious if it's a faulty battery surely they would of picked that up.

Thanks

Hi all, I've had my tipo 67 plate for about a month now. Took it back to the garage yesterday as the stop/start has never worked.
Was told the battery had a full recharge and everything reset and working. Just picked the car up and to my surprise it's still not working, had a good 45min drive to see what the battery indicator was showing. It has never been full to I think it says 18v when full, its always been on half etc.
Just wondering, if the garage said it has had a full charge would it of dropped in such a quick time. Waiting for a call back, but it will be Monday now.
I'm just curious if it's a faulty battery surely they would of picked that up.

Thanks
Did you manage to sort this issue?

I am also unable to get my start-stop working.

When I switch it on, it says its activated but it doesn't ever stop when stationary.

Anyone else had any issues with their start-stop?

Thanks

I had issues with the start stop on my Tipo (18 plate), took it to the garage and they fully charged the battery overnight and said that the battery health was ok. It did work initially but within 24 hours of getting the car back it had stopped working again. I changed the battery myself about 4 months ago and it has been fine ever since. If you do change it yourself make sure you get an EFB battery.

I had issues with the start stop on my Tipo (18 plate), took it to the garage and they fully charged the battery overnight and said that the battery health was ok. It did work initially but within 24 hours of getting the car back it had stopped working again. I changed the battery myself about 4 months ago and it has been fine ever since. If you do change it yourself make sure you get an EFB battery.

Forgot to say - I did know mine had probably been sat in storage somewhere for about 20 months as it was manufactured in September 2016 but not registered till May 2018 which probably did the battery no favours.

Forgot to say - I did know mine had probably been sat in storage somewhere for about 20 months as it was manufactured in September 2016 but not registered till May 2018 which probably did the battery no favours.

Thanks for your reply, that's useful to know.

My Tipo was an ex-demo, I imagine it was also unused and in storage for some months as its only a year old and very low mileage.

Would the battery be covered by the warranty?

I haven't taken it in to a Fiat dealer yet.

I think the batteries are only covered for a year under the warranty but I’m not 100% sure. Your local dealer should be able to give you a definitive answer.

Fiat said the battery sensor is faulty as it was reading the charge at less than 80% even though the battery was 100% charged.

If there is less than 80% charge, the start stop system doesn't work.

New battery level sensor has been ordered.

I think the batteries are only covered for a year under the warranty but I’m not 100% sure. Your local dealer should be able to give you a definitive answer.

The battery on my 500x was replaced at 13 months due to faulty cell. They told me battery was covered for 2 years.

I had a stop start not working issue with my 2017 Tipo T-jet lounge sw. Think the dealer reset it and told me to drive for so long so it could relearn. Worked the day after and been OK since.

Do they all come with start/stop?
Mines a 1.4 Lounge and it's never done it but maybe isn't equipped?

Mine is a 1.4 petrol and it has the start stop.

I think the Lounge model should have this feature.

Mine is a 1.4 T Jet, which might explain why I have the start/stop on mine

Just a quick update on my 1.4 T-Jet.

I've now had the battery level sensor replaced under warranty and the start-stop is working properly.

Back