General oil pressure warning

Currently reading:
General oil pressure warning

Wood

I own a 2012 Fiat 500 Lounge Convertible. Love the car. Been a great car till here recently. It has 108,000 miles now. Owned it since 14,000 miles.
Below lists the turn of events:
1. Changed oil and filter recently. Noticed a very small leak in driveway after.
2. Threw a code for thermostat open. Drove for a bit like that, only had heat problems. Finally changed thermostat. Purge valve code was thrown. Haven't done anything with it yet. It's emissions, so not too worried. Little less on gas mpg.
2. After changed the thermostat started having "low oil pressure, stop car" warning. Changed the oil pressure sensor with aftermarket part. Still having the warning after that. The warning only comes on at very low speed. Goes out after rev up engine.
3. We are going to try to change oil to Mobil 1 10W30 full synthetic (used cheaper full synthetic 5W30 last time). Also change filter.

Has anyone had this problem and what happened with your problem?

Changed oil 3 weeks ago. Have gone maybe 3000 miles since.

I'm assuming it's a 1.4 as you're in the US try as above using a genuine oil filter and quality oil. If need be have the actual oil pressure measured rather than just going on the light?
Also check the condition of the cables to the pressure switch, it's not unheard of for them to fail but look ok?

Last edited:
I have a FIAT 500 POP 2013. At 45K miles the oil pressure warning light came on occasionally. I suggest you take care of this immediately. I let it go because 2 non fiat mechanics told me they thought it was a faulty sensor.By the time the sensor light was flashing it was too late and I wound up needing a new engine.

Back