Technical Bluetooth

Currently reading:
Technical Bluetooth

KC16

Hello
I am new to this forum and I am looking for some technical help please.
I have just bought a Fiat 500 13 plate from a second hand car dealer.

The mileage is flashing and the bluetooth does not work. The dealer says its a problem with the module but cannot locate one as of yet.
I took it to Halfords and they are saying that the two might not be related and to maybe look at replacing the stereo on the car and buying a loom so that the buttons on the steering wheel work. The volume works but not the bluetooth.
I have tried calling Fiat to ask for advise and they want me to book it in for a diagnostic check which has a £114 cost to it.

Any help would very much be appreciated.

Many thanks

Welcome to the forum :)

Halfords are just trying to sell you a stereo and wiring kit, it won't fix the flashing mileage so ignore them.
You need a proxy alignment carried out. Either the dealer, or someone with MultiECUScan can carry this out for you. Where abouts in the country are you as we have members all over with MES who may be willing to do this for free :)

As far as the Bluetooth issue goes, I'm not sure if this will be resolved by a proxy alignment, it's certainly possible. Does the stereo work otherwise, and it's just that you can't pair any devices to it?

Hello
Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I am in Stevenage Hertfordshire.
The CD player works the radio is fuzzy at best.

The car is 2013m - funny when I collected it it wouldn't start and they jumped it but it's been absolutely fine ever since.

All you need to do is disconnect the battery and leave for 5 mins then reconnect.

Back