Technical 2001 1.1 MPi Sei - which clutch parts?

Currently reading:
Technical 2001 1.1 MPi Sei - which clutch parts?

Hi,

need to replace clutch set in my 2001 1.1 MPi Sei Brush, its really hitting the end (clutch pedal free travel is only some 1 inch) and changing gears is bit "shaky"(not hitting teeths yet), need to done job together with new clutch cable and want to order parts sooner as need to get the job done in 1 day -
do you have any knowledge which clutch bearing and which cable length will fit??
EPER is showing 540mm cable by code is this right?, but there is 2 clutch bearing options - simple bearing and some bearing with "wings"-which should fit?
Clutch disc and clutch pressure plate will be no difference betweens centos I think? Is LUK/VALEO clutch sets any good (much cheaper than SACHS)??

Thanks!

(LUK sets pictured)
17512GC574VH.unk

175120J4TGGB.unk

The LUK catalogue says the 'non-eared' bearing is for the C514 transmission, and the 'eared' one is for the C526.

That's like a step forward, but still in the dark. Not sure if the transmission has any markings on it to show that code.

The LUK catalogue says the 'non-eared' bearing is for the C514 transmission, and the 'eared' one is for the C526.

That's like a step forward, but still in the dark. Not sure if the transmission has any markings on it to show that code.

Wet and dry boxes, just wish I could remember which was which.

I have a poor memory, its an age thing, but I seem to recall winged on my dry boxes.

D

Last edited:
Some more research.
Panda 169 (03-), both 1.1 and 1.2 use the same kit as Seicento without ears.
My Panda 1.2, '06, is definitely a 'dry' box.

So, Diwiak if your drive shafts are separate from the box, that is with separate inner joints that are outside the box, you need the kit without ears. If your drive shaft inner joints are inside the box, with gaiters attached to the gearbox, you need ears.

As your Sei is a laer Mpi, I'd espect it to be later, dry box, so no ears.

You were right - its "wet" box so "ears" bearing.

I used valeo set with no-ears bearing and get extra LUK "eared" :D bearing, all fit well, and saves me some 30EUR against correct set because of some promo sale. Changed cable as well.

Thanks for help.

Back