Technical ECU problem

Currently reading:
Technical ECU problem

Digters

Hi Peeps i`m having an issue with my 2010 van, basically I was driving along, going up hill at the time and lost power brought the van to a stop and tried to turn the engine over but would not start.

I got recovered and got a mobile maniac to take a look, after running a few test he said the ecu was preventing the plugs from sparking and that the engine was fine.

He discounted a few sensors to run more tests and found the ecu was not reading some senors that were disconnected

any help would be great.

Hi Peeps i`m having an issue with my 2010 van, basically I was driving along, going up hill at the time and lost power brought the van to a stop and tried to turn the engine over but would not start.

I got recovered and got a mobile maniac to take a look, after running a few test he said the ecu was preventing the plugs from sparking and that the engine was fine.

He discounted a few sensors to run more tests and found the ecu was not reading some senors that were disconnected

any help would be great.

Hi. Which engine.. 1.4?

Got service hostory??

Bad spark.plugs can burn ECU contacts

But other sensors??
Thats odd. Which sensors?

Actually well worth checking earth cable too

Charlie

Hi. Which engine.. 1.4?

Got service hostory??

Bad spark.plugs can burn ECU contacts

But other sensors??
Thats odd. Which sensors?

Actually well worth checking earth cable too

Charlie

Hi Charlie

its a 1248 cc

good service record but not at fiat main dealer

not sure what the senors are but if your looking at the engine at the back are 2 senors one on either end they both got picked up by the computer, the one that monitors the cam position never registered it was off and another near the ecu also never registered it was off. also 2 and 4 plug senors never registered as being disconnected.

i`m not really very tech on these things so sorry if its making no sense

Back