Technical More power to Idea

Currently reading:
Technical More power to Idea

janidea

Hi Fiat Forum

I have a Fiat Idea 1,4 16V 95 Hp and i am very happy with the cars overall funcktion. But im tired of it beeing so slow:mad:
Does anyone have som sugestions, how to get more pover out of the engine, within a reasonable budget.
Im a DIY mecanic and can manage a lot of mecanical changes, but i can not programme the computer myself.
Im not planning to make it a formel one racer, but just give it enough power to be able to pull four peoble over a normal incline on the highway without having to gear down. So a litle more torque would do a lot of difference.
Any sugestions would be welcome:)

Im living in Denmark, so tuning companies in UK is not an option:(

Hi Fiat Forum

I have a Fiat Idea 1,4 16V 95 Hp and i am very happy with the cars overall funcktion. But im tired of it beeing so slow:mad:
Does anyone have som sugestions, how to get more pover out of the engine, within a reasonable budget.
Im a DIY mecanic and can manage a lot of mecanical changes, but i can not programme the computer myself.
Im not planning to make it a formel one racer, but just give it enough power to be able to pull four peoble over a normal incline on the highway without having to gear down. So a litle more torque would do a lot of difference.
Any sugestions would be welcome:)

Im living in Denmark, so tuning companies in UK is not an option:(

https://langkaerautoteknik.dk/chiptuning/?merk_id=15&model_id=173&year_id=13&type_id=50

Not much of an increase in the petrol version from tuning unfortuantely, 'might' get a little more with a free flowing air filter fitted before the tune (i.e. BMC etc).

Hi Zeewulf

Not the answer I wished for, but it was not a surprise.
Thank You for the answer(y)

Janidea ...Have you looked at re mapping the ECU? ....I bet there are folk doing it in Denmark ...worth a look ..and let us know how you get on ...I just did a 5 hour drive to Iraklion and back ,two up and was pleased with the power of our Idea ...but then I'm comparing it with my other vehicle a 2500 cc diesel truck .....

Back