Technical Changing power steering motor

Currently reading:
Technical Changing power steering motor

Hi all,
I have a 2000 reg mk 2 punto.
The power steering light is now constantly on with no power steering.
I want to change the old motor.I have seen photos of a replacement motor for my car.It has 2 plug in connections.
I checked my motor and their is one blue connector ,but connected onto that
is another cable consisting of about 12 inner wires which makes its way up into a main wiring loom.I cannot remove this,so i have only one connector and the rest is wired into the car.
So how can i change my motor if i cannot remove some of the wiring???????????????????????????????????????
any help appreciated.
tony

Well I haven't done it myself yet so I'm not sure. However after reading your post I got into mine to park it up and power steering just died on me but after engine off and on its back hahahaha first time it's ever done this so I'll probably be changing mine soon too and would love to know

Hi all,
I have a 2000 reg mk 2 punto.
The power steering light is now constantly on with no power steering.
I want to change the old motor.I have seen photos of a replacement motor for my car.It has 2 plug in connections.
I checked my motor and their is one blue connector ,but connected onto that
is another cable consisting of about 12 inner wires which makes its way up into a main wiring loom.I cannot remove this,so i have only one connector and the rest is wired into the car.
So how can i change my motor if i cannot remove some of the wiring???????????????????????????????????????
any help appreciated.
tony
Motors only have 2 wire sets
1 big fat cables for power
And a smaller cable set for other bits ans bobs

Ensure you get the same age motor as yours
As around 2003 they swapped from a more failure prone relay motor to a relay-less motor
They arent interchangeable without a full system swap

Ziggy

Sent from my SM-G920F using FIAT Forum mobile app

I cannot see the 2nd connector from the motor.
The cable from the motor has one connector and then a bunch of wires that goes up into the wiring loom,no second connector,
so how can i remove the motor if its wired into the loom???????????

Motors only have 2 wire sets
1 big fat cables for power
And a smaller cable set for other bits ans bobs

Ensure you get the same age motor as yours
As around 2003 they swapped from a more failure prone relay motor to a relay-less motor
They arent interchangeable without a full system swap

Ziggy

Sent from my SM-G920F using FIAT Forum mobile app
Can you fit a relay less motor complete unit with ecu and column to a relayed motor punto?

Back