Technical Short circuit making me short circuit!

Currently reading:
Technical Short circuit making me short circuit!

Mekkman

Hi all,

I do hope you can help me with my 2014 Fiorino.

I have a short circuit which has stopped the rear tail light and front side light from working. when the lights are on, ignition is on but the engine isn't running the lights work, the lights work whilst the heater plug light is switched on but as soon as the heater plug light goes off and the engine starts the lights go off.

I can't get an auto electrician to look at it until later this week and I've already been pulled by the boys in blue because of it so I can't chance driving it until it's fixed and I need it for work.

I've attached a pic of a diagnostic that my pal did with the error codes that are flagging up. Any help would be greatly appreciated and save me from short circuiting!

Cheers
Alan.

Attachments

• fiat.JPG
    fiat.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 140
Silly idea, the pins on the rear light assemblies can get corrosion/gunk on them, happened to mine, (though I didn't have those faults), there simple to remove, I did, cleaned the pins and connector, then rebuilt with copper grease.............may be worth a try, and its cheap/easy to do. Cheers Qube O.

Silly idea, the pins on the rear light assemblies can get corrosion/gunk on them, happened to mine, (though I didn't have those faults), there simple to remove, I did, cleaned the pins and connector, then rebuilt with copper grease.............may be worth a try, and its cheap/easy to do. Cheers Qube O.

No silly ideas Qube O, I'll give it a go.

Only other thing which comes to mind is a failed brake light switch, a number of owners have had this as a problem, and it f''ks the computer up so you get all kind of mad lights on the dash and warnings, and failures of things to work...........Could be either, or could be neither...........good luck and let us know if anything works. Cheers Qube O.

Should add, the switch fails inside, where the contacts are............is a bit'h to change.

Last edited:
Back