Punto 1.3 multi jet 2012, engine cuts after getting speed up and then slowling down

Currently reading:
Punto 1.3 multi jet 2012, engine cuts after getting speed up and then slowling down

Jinxed

Morning all,

I am a complete car novice! Brought the car 3 months back from a dealer and had issues after a month.

The car starts fine but when I take it on the motorway or an A road get it upto 60/70mph and have to slow the car down queue or roundabout the engine will cut out, even before I’ve stopped.
It starts again fine, however when I turn it back on the headlights dim and go normal like it’s got a heart beat. Revs change from 8/10 every few second rather than ticking over solidly.
I have to keep reving hard to stop it cutting.
Took the car back and he looked on the computer for faults but found nothing.
Any ideas?!? Thanks in advance

Fiat dealer
.or just a car sales garage?

What mpg are you getting. Should be 60+

Ive got an 07 and it runs better than that.

Please explain headlight comment ..

Thanks

Hi, Just a sales garage.
I’m getting 60+ mpg.
When the engine cuts out and I turn the car back the engine isn’t ticking over smoothly. The engine gets normal ticking over then sound goes lower like it’s going to cuts out. With the engine sound the headlights are fine then they dim like the engine has lost power.

Sounds like basic electrics..

does stop.start work ok?

Yes that works fine... and when I’m driving around normally 30/40mph it’s fine. It’s only when I get a bit of speed up for 10/15 mins then the car wants to die. As I said the mechanic didn’t find any faults on the computer but it’s just excuses from them.

Back