no spark SPORTING

Currently reading:
no spark SPORTING

SCOOTCH

Hi all and a Very Happy New Year to Everyone,

i got 2 sportings ( p reg) one had missfire but outstanding body the other ran like a treat body work hanging, so i took engine out of one and put it in the other ( my daughter just got her licience was going to be her 1st car ) but both cars did run, but now no spark at all, power to coils, am i missing something here..... i have been reading several posts but i still cant understand why i take engine out of one running now it will not start , driving me insane been on it for 3 days now and still cant get my head round it , tried coil packs off other car , new ht leads,plugs, changed over crank sensor but nothing makes any difference, all help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Have you connected the bullet terminal under the battery tray? is the code light going off? fuel pump priming etc? or is it just a lack of any spark?

Could well be as simple as an earth not connected! go over all the loom and check, from memory i think there are 3 earths, the big main one on the gearbox, the one on the ecu casing and one to the coil pack.

Mrcento said:
Have you connected the bullet terminal under the battery tray? is the code light going off? fuel pump priming etc? or is it just a lack of any spark?

Could well be as simple as an earth not connected! go over all the loom and check, from memory i think there are 3 earths, the big main one on the gearbox, the one on the ecu casing and one to the coil pack.

Would bet faulty earth, check all connections

Back