Gp clutch part number

Currently reading:
Gp clutch part number

Harper said:
Oh ouch :( Is a reconditioned one an option?

Wee but out of budget , there's a guy in Manchester that breaks grandes for a living and has one for £90 with £40 postage

Probably worth the risk at that cost. Oh and nice to know someone makes money out of breaking grandes. It always costs me when I break mine lol ;p

Harper said:
Probably worth the risk at that cost. Oh and nice to know someone makes money out of breaking grandes. It always costs me when I break mine lol ;p

Same I found him on ebay, could send his number, but yeah mine has been good till the last month where everything has gave up the ghost, the gearbox going is a result of my driveshaft seals both gone and leaking gear oil , ran it dry without noticing

Ckem247 said:
Same I found him on ebay, could send his number, but yeah mine has been good till the last month where everything has gave up the ghost, the gearbox going is a result of my driveshaft seals both gone and leaking gear oil , ran it dry without noticing

Ouch, if it's any consolation (and i doubt it is) as far as problems go on those engines and boxes. that one is almost unheard of kinda rare for them BOTH to go and normally when one does, because it's seeping out one side you get plenty warning with slimey puddles stinking of cat wee (hate gear oil!).. Both going then yeah, i can imagine when moving oil could be lost pretty quickly and not really noticeable until the noise started.

My point being because it's not THAT common, a second hand box from a reputable breaker shouldn't be too big a risk IMO.

I'm guessing it'll be the diff/cup seals though? the shafts on that box should be dry, not wet so if a shaft boot/seal went all you'd lose is grease from the gaitor/damage a CV. The actual box would be fine. If the oil comes out from behind the cups seals then yeah, that's when the internals run dry and it goes kaput.

Mrcento said:
Ouch, if it's any consolation (and i doubt it is) as far as problems go on those engines and boxes. that one is almost unheard of kinda rare for them BOTH to go and normally when one does, because it's seeping out one side you get plenty warning with slimey puddles stinking of cat wee (hate gear oil!).. Both going then yeah, i can imagine when moving oil could be lost pretty quickly and not really noticeable until the noise started.

My point being because it's not THAT common, a second hand box from a reputable breaker shouldn't be too big a risk IMO.

I'm guessing it'll be the diff/cup seals though? the shafts on that box should be dry, not wet so if a shaft boot/seal went all you'd lose is grease from the gaitor/damage a CV. The actual box would be fine. If the oil comes out from behind the cups seals then yeah, that's when the internals run dry and it goes kaput.

There's no way about it , it has been ran dry, drained the oil at a mate of mines garage, half a liter came out all metal shavings and burnt looking gear oil, and 2 and a half went back in roughly

Back