Standard Stlo CD MP3 Player

Currently reading:
Standard Stlo CD MP3 Player

Any of you got the MP3 head unit? If you do, do you make mp3 disks and how many albums do you get on a disk? I have the CD only unit and a yatour mp3 player plugged in the CD changer port. The unit only recognises 10 CD's or 10 folders on the SD card. I am wondering if the MP3 head unit differs and recognises more than 10 albums/folders.

Can't answer your question re stilo headunit specifically but I generally replace the standard ones in all my cars with better quality aftermarket ones

I replaced the head unit in the punto with an Alpine one, well two alpine ones as I discovered the first was limited to 100 mp3s per folder, wouldn't play wma's which is the format of most of my digital music and was just annoying all round. The current head unit has a usb port and I have an 8gb memory stick in there that has approx 1500 tunes (both mp3 and wma) on there.

As for making mp3 discs, I used to in my last car and if I remember correctly they were limited to 700 mb so maybe only a 100 or so mp3s and perhaps double that if using the wma format. I know some units only recognise the mp3 format so you need to watch out for that

Im the opposite where I prefer MP3. I did look at another unit but to be honest I prefer the look of standard unless the wife is going to buy me one of those double din touch screen Sat nav, DAB, MP3,TV,CD units but ill not hold my breath. Yeah I can get 100 songs in each folder. I think its to do with the unit not having enough digits to display. If playing the multi changer on the left of the display you get CDC0, CDC1 etc till number 9 where as the track numbers you get an extra digit giving you a range from 00 - 99 making the 100 songs. <<This is the part I am wondering about on the MP3 unit, if it has more digits giving me more albums. Another downer for a different unit was turning it of with the ignition. Yeah I could wire it to the fag lighter but I gave usb in that and an extra fag lighter with more usb running from that. Don't want to overload the wiring.

Back