loose connection warning

Currently reading:
loose connection warning

I would just wiggle looms and see if it happens again, then once you have the right loom, go wire by wire.. narrow it down.

Do you lose all electrics when it cuts out?

If so it sounds like the problem is perhaps the positive battery terminal itself, either the terminal or the wire to it.

If not.... I'm Currently doing the wiring loom on the cinq so i'll assume it's a similar setup power/ignition wise. If so there's also an ignition trigger wire connected to a bullet type terminal, which "should" be connected to a fuse (Maxi?), so it could be traced back from that to the connector to check that's secure, the fuse too, check that's not wiggling about.

no electric loss just engine cut out recovery said alternator faulty but i dont think it is, some think crank sensor but car runs locally fine. im not happy with terminal connection so i will look at that at weekend, MES has been mentioned also but as it needs windows 8 to run software i need to change pc soo im also thinking for £20 ish for crank sensor replacement would be easier and as i have nfi how to use mes anyway... Thanks Stuart & Mark ;)

have new crankshaft sensor just need it to be dry to change it over, no happy about + terminal on battery still so ill look at that as well

Back