Filling up arches problem

Currently reading:
Filling up arches problem

F

FS Guest

Right, my MK2 is lowered 35mm allover on G-Max Springs.

The problem i find with the Mk2 is that the wheels always look smaller than they actually are! Now if i'm widing the arches, the problem in gonna get even worse! So...

I plan to get some really wide spacers, and stick some 18's on! Problem is is there a limit as to how wide a tyre i can go with 18's? the iwder the better, so fill out the arches more!

I was also thinknig that to reslove the problem, wld be to lower it 60mm allover! But keeping the 18's on!

Any help or advise wld be greatly appreciated!

kris

Your car would prob handle like preverbial poo if you dropped it that much, and also if you spacer your wheels out alot you will be adding stress onto your ball joints, wheel bearings and rear suspension arms (rear suspension arms are a prob with puntos anyway) and these will all probably fail alot quicker than they should.

they have to be in tip top nick if your spacering.

you would have loads of problems lowering it 60mm on 18's and need lots of arch work if your lowering it that much look at maybe goin for a wider wheel instead of putin on spacers get something like a 9x16 or similar, oh plus why not sign up if your going to be posting??? :wink:

cheers, i thought i had signed in

my garage doesn't reccomend i lower it 60 allover, so i think it's best i jst keep away from that, but i still plan to put `18's on with spacer and keep the 35mmm springs on

Anonymous said:
Right, my MK2 is lowered 35mm allover on G-Max Springs.
kris

How did you get on with fitting them (if you did it yourself)?

I've got the same springs (had them for months) but haven't managed to get them done yet.

Any pointers?

i have had no problems as such, but i do need new top stut mounts and bearings!

ma punto is lowered 35mm on avon springs with 18" 215/35/18 and at one point i couldnt even drive out the garage so i got saxo arches put on and got the back arches taken rite out, but there is alot of work in it.

Back