General 2019 FIAT 500 - what we know so far.

Currently reading:
General 2019 FIAT 500 - what we know so far.

2019 Fiat 500 – what we know so far.
Fiat is evolving its cute city car into a family of models, including estate and all-electric versions.

fiat500_1.jpg

Fiat's 500 city car has been a big success, mixing cute looks with nimble urban handling and a peppy petrol engine.
It's a popular sight on British roads, too, and there's an all-new version due next year that will continue to compete against the Volkswagen Up, Hyundai i10 and the class-leading Kia Picanto.

Don’t panic, though: the new Fiat 500 is almost certain to look much like the current car and come will in the same range of head-turning colours and interior finishes that make it so popular among fashion-conscious buyers today.

Instead, interest in the new model lies in whether Fiat can complement its cutesy good looks with a much-improved driving experience in order to give it a more rounded appeal and broaden its appeal to yet more buyers.

From what we know so far, the most headline-grabbing changes are the introduction of a hybrid – alongside more traditional petrol engines – and the imminent arrival of both all-electric and estate models.

The hybrid will use mild, self-charging electrification technology to boost fuel economy and reduce emissions.
The all-electric model will arrive from 2020, with the estate – likely to be called Giardiniera – following after that.

Likely to be called the 500e, the electric 500 is expected to offer a shorter range than many of today's conventional electric models, simply because of the limited space available to store batteries inside the car.
It will, however, face a growing number of rivals, including the upcoming all-electric Mini hatchback and Honda's Urban EV.

The launch of the next-generation 500 is part of a wider Fiat plan to carve out a niche as a provider of mostly electrified city cars.
As part of this plan, the Panda will also be renewed before long, using the same underpinnings as the 500.

Source: WhatCar.Com

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to have the Blue 500 seen above, with the new 120 hp 3T GSE-Firefly engine in it.
Or even as a Abarth with 180 hp 4T GSE-Firefly engine in it. :D
First thought I had when I saw the picture was a suzuki swift lol

So in short we know nothing?
jrkitching does copyright apply on here? Should people not Quixote their source when they steal a whole passage of text and pas it off as their own? https://www.whatcar.com/news/2019-fiat-500-–-what-we-know-so-far/n18276

The article is a load of crap made up to sell magazines and get clicks. Where are the photos of the miles? The fact that we’ve seen no miles means there’s no new 500 coming this year, I mean they might show some photos, but it won’t come this year, you also won’t see a BEV sin 2020.

So in short we know nothing?

jrkitching does copyright apply on here? Should people not Quixote their source when they steal a whole passage of text and pas it off as their own? https://www.whatcar.com/news/2019-fiat-500-–-what-we-know-so-far/n18276

The article is a load of crap made up to sell magazines and get clicks. Where are the photos of the miles? The fact that we’ve seen no miles means there’s no new 500 coming this year, I mean they might show some photos, but it won’t come this year, you also won’t see a BEV sin 2020.

It says at the bottom of the first post that whatcar.com is the source :confused:

I presume you mean 'mules' rather than miles? And I agree, that picture is clearly a photoshop, nice concept but unless it comes from FIAT we're never going to see that. Until we get an official release from FCA, we'll have no idea what's coming or when, this is all still guesswork and supposition.

It says at the bottom of the first post that whatcar.com is the source

^^ that ^^

My understanding is that it's permissible to quote short passages from copyrighted works uner the creative commons licence, provided the source is acknowledged.

I've edited the fontstyle in the original post so that the attribution is easier to see.

Last edited:
It says at the bottom of the first post that whatcar.com is the source :confused:

I presume you mean 'mules' rather than miles? And I agree, that picture is clearly a photoshop, nice concept but unless it comes from FIAT we're never going to see that. Until we get an official release from FCA, we'll have no idea what's coming or when, this is all still guesswork and supposition.

You don’t quote your source at the end. If like me you think TL:DR then they’ll never read the source. My bad for not reading it.

Anyway, yes I did mean mules and not miles, stupid autocorrect...

What?!?!?!?! Car?!?!?!?!? are gutter trash press, same as Auto Express. This is just a generic new car on the horizon article with pretty much no information apart from the blatantly obvious

Back