General Mileage reading new car

Currently reading:
General Mileage reading new car

twobigdogs

On my brand new car I notice the mileage has a capital letter H in front of the numbers. I’ve only done 85 miles and the reading show......H 85mls. Anyone know why the “H”

Interesting..

As H is not at all Italian.

You are probably aware that dealers can legally 'wipe' delivery miles from the odometer.. perhaps they have not.. and that is : was the prompt ?

JTD_Liam any info?

I did wonder if that was it. I’ll phone them tomorrow

Update... went into Fiat dealer and told me it’s completely normal....the “H” disappears at 1000 miles. He said all their new cars have it but doesn’t know why? So I will see what happens when I hit 1000......

ha ha ha ....don’t ask....i’ve no idea where that pic came from....but you are right i think it was a gruff also [emoji23]

IMG_4665.JPG

Interesting..

As H is not at all Italian.

You are probably aware that dealers can legally 'wipe' delivery miles from the odometer.. perhaps they have not.. and that is : was the prompt ?

@JTD_Liam any info?

There was no H on my Tipo's odometer at all after collection. I had under 10 miles on the clock when I got mine. I think the dealer didn't complete the PDI properly, as it should be switched off prior to delivery to a customer.

Normally it goes off around the 100 mile mark if it's not been done at the point of PDI. Not sure why it's not happened in this case :confused:

Update .... at exactly 124 miles the “H” disappeared. 200km is the magic figure hence 124 miles. I’m surprised main dealer got it wrong. Praise be to google and owners clubs. Mystery solved[emoji106][emoji106]

The car had 6 mile on it when I picked it up. The car was in stock when I ordered it so I had it in two weeks. I assume like said it hadn’t been reset for pdi. My last new car 500x had 4 mile on it but with no “H”.

Back