General New brake pads are too thick

Currently reading:
General New brake pads are too thick

mattlegg

Hi guys,

When I purchased my van the previous owner left me with some brand new brake pads. My brakes have now worn so went to fit these however they were too small. I then went to Eurocar Parts who stated that they have two options for front brake pads on the Doblo. I got the other ones to ones that come with my van as they were the right size but slightly different style.

They fit in the callipers etc but when I put the wheel back on the brake calliper now rubs on the inside of the wheel as the pads seem too thick by about 4/5mm. Any ideas on this or have other people had any issues?

The vehicle is, Fiat Doblo 2005 1.3

Thanks,
Matt

chris3234 - This was my thought but the caliper does go round the pads but seems to stick too far out when attached. The two bolts that sit behind the caliper also don't get as tight as they had previously. The bottom one is fine however the top one will not screw in so much, I thought this was to do with the pad being new and therefore thicker than the previous old one.
varesecrazy - I am not sure on either questions to be honest however, it doesn't appear to be anything but standard on the van.

Cheers guys

Hi all,
An update on this, I called Fiat directly and they had a different set of pads from the ones Euro Car Parts had to offer. I took the part number from Fiat and googled it and found some pads that look as though they should fit. I am waiting on delivery and fingers crossed these will fit properly.

Can you post the part number incase others have an issue please(y)

Back