Technical Servicing and spark plugs

Currently reading:
Technical Servicing and spark plugs

Went to book a service and Fiat want 350 quid for a full service which is 150 quid more than an interim service,I can see that spark plugs and an air filter are part of this cost, anything else changed on the engine as I can do these myself,so where's best/cheapest to get these ?,or does anyone know of a cheaper place for Fiat approved servicing in the NW ?,TIA

Not sure where your quote was from, but worth trying Forward Auto's in St Helens if that's not too far.

They've been around ages and have a good reputation, but they don't have the big shiny showroom of some other dealers, so the overheads might be less, making the prices a little lower. (y)

Spoke to Forward Autos and talking to them they seem to know their stuff,also a 70 quid saving on a full service so i've booked it in ☺.If anyone wants a basic main dealer oil change service they've got an offer on for 99 quid

Thank you for the recommendation, they're not too far I'll give them a bell.

Spoke to Forward Autos and talking to them they seem to know their stuff,also a 70 quid saving on a full service so i've booked it in ☺.If anyone wants a basic main dealer oil change service they've got an offer on for 99 quid

You're welcome :)

Glad they offered a price you were happy with. I've not used them personally but they've been around for years and never heard a bad thing about them, both of which are getting increasingly unusual with Fiat dealers now. They strike me as a good old fashioned business who focus on good service and workmanship without all the pretentious nonsense that bumps prices up but is largely pointless.

Hope they provide a good experience (y)

Had the car serviced yesterday and all i can say is brillant !!,if you're in the NW Forward Autos should be your choice,only small and not fancy (as was said),but friendly and they do the job as asked,the only thing that caused concern was the car,they found a rear damper was misted with oil at 18k,which on a lightly used estate is a bit soon !

Had the car serviced yesterday and all i can say is brillant !!,if you're in the NW Forward Autos should be your choice,only small and not fancy (as was said),but friendly and they do the job as asked,the only thing that caused concern was the car,they found a rear damper was misted with oil at 18k,which on a lightly used estate is a bit soon !

Glad to hear Forward Auto's were good. I was pretty certain they'd be one of the safest bets for a main dealer service in the North West. Agree with you regarding the rear damper. Did the garage replace it or suggest it be replaced under warranty? I guess it's typical of mass produced (and probably cheap) parts plus our ropey road surfaces that you get the odd dodgy example.

Forward Autos were really good and tried to get one under warranty,but believe it or not when they tried to order one in there's not one in Europe !,so either there's no demand or there's been high demand for them,so i would say anyone with a car coming to the end of the warranty period soon get them checked !,so i'm now waiting on a call ☺.

Forward Autos were really good and tried to get one under warranty,but believe it or not when they tried to order one in there's not one in Europe !,so either there's no demand or there's been high demand for them,so i would say anyone with a car coming to the end of the warranty period soon get them checked !,so i'm now waiting on a call ☺.

That sounds familiar. My experiences with Fiat and Alfa parts availability has usually involved a less-than-perfect length of waiting. They've never given me any aggro in agreeing to replace things under warranty on the variety of models I've owned, but the parts availability & distribution isn't what I'd call class-leading!

Back