General Few questions

Currently reading:
General Few questions

1st fiat bravo

Hey all. Looking to pick anyone's brain.

My 2007 bravo 1.4 t-jet 150 has a couple things that I may need help sorting.

1 - the volume on the radio decides to increase or decrease on its own. Not all the time just now and then but the volume level stays the same. Say I set it at 4 the volume goes really loud but the level stays at 4. Any ideas???

2 - The mileage flashes when driving. Once again not all the time. Just now and then.

3 - The fan motor sometimes goes nuts. I have it set at a certain speed and then for some reason it speeds up but the level stays the same on the screen.

Hope someone can help.

1 sounds like the 'loudness' setting is on high. The loudness setting turns the volume up at speed and lowers it when stationary. You've got off, low and high as settings for this - having it on high gives the odd effect of the volume changing too much all the time which is what you're describing.

Hey, that's great thank you for that. You were spot on. One issue down 2 to go.

When you say ‘fan’ do are you talking about the climate control fan? If so it could be the fan resistor pack has gave in, unless you have that digital climate control then I don’t have a clue haha

When you say ‘fan’ do are you talking about the climate control fan? If so it could be the fan resistor pack has gave in, unless you have that digital climate control then I don’t have a clue haha

Yeah the climate control one. And sadly it is digital. What's wrong with good old fashioned dials eh lol

The fan:
Climate doesnt have a resistor pack.. its controlled by electronics.

The one thing it MIGHT be-
The little dome in middle of dash.. bottom of windscreen.

Its a SUNSHINE SENSOR..

If in direct sun.. it will up the power ( for added cooling)

Ive got GPs not bravo but they are closely related .. GM. FIAT products

Charlie

The fan:
Climate doesnt have a resistor pack.. its controlled by electronics.

The one thing it MIGHT be-
The little dome in middle of dash.. bottom of windscreen.

Its a SUNSHINE SENSOR..

If in direct sun.. it will up the power ( for added cooling)

Ive got GPs not bravo but they are closely related .. GM. FIAT products

Charlie

This place is amazing. The amount of help that you get from fellow fiat owners is great. I always wondered what that dome thing was. Thank you.

This place is amazing. The amount of help that you get from fellow fiat owners is great. I always wondered what that dome thing was. Thank you.

If you’ve not already you should head to Facebook and join the Bravo Enthusiasts page. It’s an active page with plenty of people to get advice and general chat with, they’ve helped me out a lot since I joined.

Hey all. Looking to pick anyone's brain.

My 2007 bravo 1.4 t-jet 150 has a couple things that I may need help sorting.

1 - the volume on the radio decides to increase or decrease on its own. Not all the time just now and then but the volume level stays the same. Say I set it at 4 the volume goes really loud but the level stays at 4. Any ideas???

2 - The mileage flashes when driving. Once again not all the time. Just now and then.

3 - The fan motor sometimes goes nuts. I have it set at a certain speed and then for some reason it speeds up but the level stays the same on the screen.

Hope someone can help.

1. You also have a setting "speed volume"... it increases the volume by a stable amount as speed increases.
There is also a setting something about "news".. this will make the radio come on (even if on mute..or low volume) when the radio station is broadcasting news/traffic info...turn that off.

2. the mileage should flash if something on the car's CAN network has been disconnected.... can be fixed with a "Proxy alignment" using MES. (Things on the can network: engine ECU, body ECU, ABS ECU, power steering ECU, climate control, radio... and others)
Check in the menu you don't have a speed beep set...along with "beep volume" to mute... that might make it flash.

3. It's climate control... there is always some automatic adjustment the fan speed should go up by a meaningful amount
- for example... after the engine has warmed up enough to provide heat.

Last edited:
1. You also have a setting "speed volume"... it increases the volume by a stable amount as speed increases.

Yes! This is the one I meant, not loudness. Loudness is the one that gives that horrible artificial bass.

I think I can be forgiven though, my stereo was in for a matter of weeks before it was stripped out and replaced for something infinitely better :p

Yes! This is the one I meant, not loudness. Loudness is the one that gives that horrible artificial bass.

I think I can be forgiven though, my stereo was in for a matter of weeks before it was stripped out and replaced for something infinitely better :p

I have my new stereo here. Just waiting on the facia and wires arriving before mine comes out lol

Back