Doblo Quick hello and few issues I can highlight

Currently reading:
Doblo Quick hello and few issues I can highlight

Suggsey

Right had my 2013 Doblo 1.6 Diesel Multijet 2 years now. A month before the Warranty expired it needed a whole new clutch, dual mass flywheel and thrust bearing at 5900 miles!!!
The dual mass has seized solid and wasn’t right from the day I bought it. This was all replaced under warranty.
First main issue was Fiat dealership fitted new lead acid battery to it but should have been AGM for the start stop and that packed up after 14 months......so drove it around without as a lot of time didn’t activate as it should due to the lead acid battery. Turns out the main reason and I drove around with no brake lights (except high level light) was the brake pedal switch was faulty. Thanks to this forum and my neighbours MOT quality OBD reader it told me of the fault. No Sahar lights to indicate that the brake lights were inoperative, a massive safety issue in my eyes. Anyway £10 aftermarket switch start stop works as it should and brake lights.
Third issue was this past few weeks what sounded like rear drop link failing, terrible rear end clunking. Replaced the one drop Link (what a bitch of a job if anyone has a miracle way of sliding the bush onto to stabiliser bar I’d like to know it) then resorted to the well documented on the 500 shock bushes....which I couldn’t source for the Doblo so had to fit new shocks. Thankfully the £37 a side shocks work as well as the £118 ones and if the bushes are going to fail every 22500 miles I’d rather buy cheap in the first place.
Dead easy job apart from wheel arch liners being cold and cracking! (Fixes with drilled holes and zip ties stitching) and had to tap out the nearside upper bolt thread as it appeared to have been factory cross threaded!!!!
Anyway apart from those issues it does what I want it to do and it’s practical and cleans easy and fits massuve dog crate in the back.
Thanks for the add.

Right had my 2013 Doblo 1.6 Diesel Multijet 2 years now. A month before the Warranty expired it needed a whole new clutch, dual mass flywheel and thrust bearing at 5900 miles!!!
The dual mass has seized solid and wasn’t right from the day I bought it. This was all replaced under warranty.
First main issue was Fiat dealership fitted new lead acid battery to it but should have been AGM for the start stop and that packed up after 14 months......so drove it around without as a lot of time didn’t activate as it should due to the lead acid battery. Turns out the main reason and I drove around with no brake lights (except high level light) was the brake pedal switch was faulty. Thanks to this forum and my neighbours MOT quality OBD reader it told me of the fault. No Sahar lights to indicate that the brake lights were inoperative, a massive safety issue in my eyes. Anyway £10 aftermarket switch start stop works as it should and brake lights.
Third issue was this past few weeks what sounded like rear drop link failing, terrible rear end clunking. Replaced the one drop Link (what a bitch of a job if anyone has a miracle way of sliding the bush onto to stabiliser bar I’d like to know it) then resorted to the well documented on the 500 shock bushes....which I couldn’t source for the Doblo so had to fit new shocks. Thankfully the £37 a side shocks work as well as the £118 ones and if the bushes are going to fail every 22500 miles I’d rather buy cheap in the first place.
Dead easy job apart from wheel arch liners being cold and cracking! (Fixes with drilled holes and zip ties stitching) and had to tap out the nearside upper bolt thread as it appeared to have been factory cross threaded!!!!
Anyway apart from those issues it does what I want it to do and it’s practical and cleans easy and fits massuve dog crate in the back.
Thanks for the add.
Quite surprising about your DMF/clutch failure at such a low mileage. There must be a story in the cars past life that might explain that?
Regarding the rear shocks, it's not too difficult to remove and refit them with the inner liners in situ. I have fitted three set within 40k! Once again there is a story there that I have put on the forum to read. How does your car ride with the budget rear shocks?

Well from things that had been left in the vehicle and the fact it had also had to have a new f/o/s driveshaft gaiter and coil spring I think it was a “dead mans car”.
The new shocks despite me priming them well we’re a tiny bit fidgety lacking in small bump sensitivity however over the past few days they’ve bedded in and normal drive sensation has been restored all be it with about 1”-2” extra ride height so maybe the old shocks were tired too in their operation. We have lots of speed humps around where I live and although I am steady and slow/cautious over them I guess with the heavy dog crate in the boot that they’ve taken more of a pounding than the average. Certainly the general ride is more “van” like than with the genuine Fiat Shocks. Interestingly the cheap replacements have no plastic shrouding, it’s a steel sleeve! Time will tell if the bushings last the same or less.
When I was looking at the suspension movement I noted that there was a surprising degree of rotation of the bottom bushing in suspension action and the fact there’s no isolating washer between the bush and the inner face of the shock bush is what causes the shock inner sleeve metal bush to prematurely wear. There were two washers Between bolt head and shock bush though from factory fit which I found a little odd as both sides were the same that’s how I refitted them.

Evening. Apologies as I am sure this request is in wrong section of Forum ? Here goes anyway - My Daughter just bought 2010 Fiat 500 1242cc POP. One major issue is clutch ! Appeared to lose Clutch all together - mechanic called, recovered and said it had been leaking hydraulic fluid from a small reservoir on left hand side of engine. Seemed better for a day then biting point was just off the floor - stalling and crunching ! Another mechanic drained fluid, said there was an airlock. Worked great for a couple of days then back to biting point on floor again ? What is going on ? Should we replace clutch ? 53k miles on clock and otherwise good condition !
Any advice most welcome ?

Evening. Apologies as I am sure this request is in wrong section of Forum ? Here goes anyway - My Daughter just bought 2010 Fiat 500 1242cc POP. One major issue is clutch ! Appeared to lose Clutch all together - mechanic called, recovered and said it had been leaking hydraulic fluid from a small reservoir on left hand side of engine. Seemed better for a day then biting point was just off the floor - stalling and crunching ! Another mechanic drained fluid, said there was an airlock. Worked great for a couple of days then back to biting point on floor again ? What is going on ? Should we replace clutch ? 53k miles on clock and otherwise good condition !
Any advice most welcome ?

See your 500 newbie thread .. ;)

Back