General 2010 fiat punto evo not starting

Currently reading:
General 2010 fiat punto evo not starting

markybee

Hi i have a 2010 fiat punto evo active 1.4 the issue is it wont start.It cranks over but does'nt even attempt to start.I have noticed the mileage is flashing could this be something to do with it?

I have done a diagnostic on it and its showing up with no codes

Any ideas before i take it to a garage many thanks.:)

Hi i have a 2010 fiat punto evo active 1.4 the issue is it wont start.It cranks over but does'nt even attempt to start.I have noticed the mileage is flashing could this be something to do with it?

I have done a diagnostic on it and its showing up with no codes

Any ideas before i take it to a garage many thanks.:)

Hi. :)

It'll be basic electrics.. look in the FAQs at top of GRANDE section.. same car under the bonnet ;)

Charlie 07 MJ : 2012 TA

hi i cant seem to find this section? any help would be apprecited thanks.

hi,
i tink i found it electrical gremlins?but this only seems to be for random lights coming on and charging problems.

Hi, i tried the earth cable trick with the jump leads no differnt,when u put the key in there does'nt seem to be any imobiliser light? i'm guessing this is the orange padlock light?i took the plastic ring off around the ignition and then it came on?but once ring put back on it did'nt? any ideas is this normal or should a light come on?

Hi, i tried the earth cable trick with the jump leads no differnt,when u put the key in there does'nt seem to be any imobiliser light? i'm guessing this is the orange padlock light?i took the plastic ring off around the ignition and then it came on?but once ring put back on it did'nt? any ideas is this normal or should a light come on?

Yes.. the padlock light.

Should be on if the keychip isnt in range.

Or for the selftest.

Im not sure if a fault with the immob is looged as P.... engine code

Or U.... body computer

C.... canbus is an option

I am thinking Canbus.. so will need something better than basic OBD.

HAVE you pulled battery power for a few hours..??

Back