Technical Doblo rear sliding door

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo rear sliding door

Wifyonk

So i am the new owner of a 2010 Fiat Doblo elganza 2.0 multijet ,on collecting the car everything worked fine
I went to the petrol station and topped up the diesel ,on arriving home the rear near side sliding door will not unlock or open,After searching the forum i found out this seems common on the pre 2010 models and found a very good guide ,it seems the fuel flap has a cable that stops the door opening while you are refiling ,I think its this that's at fault because no pulling on the handle will open the door
The problem i have is a cannot find any information relating to the 2010 model does anyone know if its the same as the older model ,do i have to strip out the boot panels to access the cable and lock or could it be something else seems to coincidental to not be the fuel flap

Mine's a 2006 model & I had this same problem about 4 years ago. It wasn't a real PITA to sort out - once you know why you can't open the door!

I imagine the procedure for removing the cable is the same - Fiat obviously believe this is a huge safety feature.

Do people really try to open their rear door whilst pumping fuel?:confused:

The replacement part seemed a tad costly, to me, so I never bothered replacing it, simply put a patch of duct tape over the hole.

One other thing i have noticed is the central locking does not open the door ,is this because of the flap lock or could that be the issue varesecrazy

Last edited:
Back