Technical Brava 1.2 Diagnosing Wiper problems

Currently reading:
Technical Brava 1.2 Diagnosing Wiper problems

Raptor88

Hi there. I have a Brava 1.2. I'm trying to narrow down a front wiper problem before I do much disassembly. What I found is that the Stalk pull (Wash and wipe), Stalk Toggle Up (Single Wipe) and the Stalk Down full (Fast Speed Wipe Continuous) don't work. What does work is the remaining functions on the Stalk, namely The Stalk 1 down (Flick Wipe) and the Stalk 2 down (Slow wipe continuous). It should be noted also that the Washer does work on the Stalk pull, just not the Wiper. And also should be noted that all the rear wiper functionality works.

Is this a Steering Column Multi switch problem or a problem with relays inside the motor/relay package for the front wipers?? :confused:

Hi.
If all UP function wete 'dead'

I would blame the switch.. but it sounds like a mix..

Worth unclamping rake adjuster ..and moving the steering wheel. Column. And WIRING through a few arcs..

The wiring is tightly packed in there. ;)

Only issue I had was loss of;

Self park
Intermittent wipe.

I fitted a ..scrapyard.. motor
Different manufacturer..from a different engined Fiat.

It worked perfectly.. weird..!
Charlie

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I'm thinking the same. Anyway todya I lost all wiper functionality *except* the pull (front wash, no wipe) and the twist and push (rear wipe and wash).

I think it's the relays given up the ghost. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

EDIT: Just to add before I forgot. Yeah gave the wheel a shuffle around when it was loose. no joy there.

Just to get back to this. Found the problem. Stripped off the trim and all the stuff and found the connector just sitting there half in half out right on the motor/relay assembly. Dammit FIAT, make reliable connectors. :D Anyway pushed it right in, and secured it in with a good wrap of tape. Alls well. And just in time for the rain we had aswell.

Back