Technical porting

Currently reading:
Technical porting

JMSG

hi there !
i have been looking to "head porting " !
any one here did it ?
what do you think about it ?
the up side and down side of it , gains ?

Hi,
I've not had my cylinder head ported , as in matching the inlet and outlet ports. But I have had the induction side gasflowed,. Have I noticed the difference, I don't think so although you would think that some gain has been made.
Regarding having the new gasflowed it must work as that is sort of std tuning stages along with other tuning options.
Regards Dave

i think we all agree that it's not easy or cost eficient to squeeze some extra HP from this naturaly aspirated engine ... mainly because even that you spend de money and the time in getting more air in the combustion chamber the ECU does not put in the extra fuel needed ...
so , to put more air in , you can do a induction air filter box , porting the head , reprofile camshafts , improve exhaust , rising engine capacity or even turbo charging !!
some of these changes are very expensive and some are not !
i'm thinking in the easier ones , if you need to refurbish your engine head , porting is a low cost doable if you make it your self !
to solve the question of fueling for that extra air i have been reading some interesting thread about someone that tuned this same engine by increasing engine capacity ( i wil try to link it ) and solved the fueling problem by putting a fuel pressure regulator and increasing fuel pressure !

Last edited:
Back