Barchetta hello here’s someone new

Currently reading:
Barchetta hello here’s someone new

kate66

Hello nice to meet you all, have been reading posts for a while and then decided to join you!
I have a custom 1998 blue midnight Barchetta km 56000
Have owned it for the past seven years and am finally down to real business in trying to get the sweetie in good shape: no real mechanical problems but fixing scratches and bumper cracks as I live in a hectic city where drivers solemnly park by routine crashing into neighbouring bumpers.
Recently had rainwater filtering in through the back window which is a real nuisance. It seems that there are two water channelling areas in the back which can get clogged but they’re difficult to spot.
bye

Hello here’s someone new

Hello Barchetteros. Greetings from Madrid Spain.
I am a "not-so-young" roadsters enthusiastic. I have always owned one for my personal and daily use, going over stupefaction of family and co-workers. Not long ago, I decided that my new car should be a Barchetta. I was looking for a good unit for almots a year, all along Spain.
Presently, I am a happy owner of a 2000 red unit (probably Lido serie) with only 45,000 km (verified).
My idea is to leave it as original as possible. I think Barchetta is a true symbol of a cars' race probably never be built again. Obviously if necessary, I should correct "original sins" that I suppose will come, which can involve some originals replacement. However, in my mind there is not "tunning" (by the way, absolutely trendy in my country).
Hope to hear from all of you.
Thanks and BR

Attachments

• Barch.jpg
    Barch.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 38
  • B11.jpg
    B11.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 31
  • B4.jpg
    B4.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180718_171933.jpg
    IMG_20180718_171933.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
Rubirosa ,you need to lose those wheels for originality....:)
Good point! I know the rims are not original. However, they were in Fiat official accesories catalogue ("lineaccesori") for Fiat Punto and Barchetta. I suppose the unit was sold originally with them as "extra". I think I will keep them, but I am looking for originals in good condition.

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 28
  • descarga.jpg
    descarga.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 25
Back