Technical Low oil level warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Low oil level warning light

Monty...!!!

Hi all I have a 2013 Fiat Doblo 1.6D multijet.
Every few weeks normally when traveling on the motorway for about an hour the low oil level warning light comes on accompanied by message check oil level in the display. I stop check the oil level and its fine leave it a few minutes and restart and back to normal. It dose not do it again for about 2 weeks maybe longer. Will this be a faulty oil level switch if so anyone no where its located or a part number.
Thanks in advance Monty :bang:

Hi all I have a 1.6 D.
Will this be a faulty oil level switch if so anyone no where its located or a part number.
Thanks in advance Monty :bang:

Hi Monty.

The most common oil issues are usually DPF related (after oil changes. Lots of different stuff needs resetting)

However.. yours does sound different..

I would try an get an error code from the OBD port...

Conventionally an oil level warning would indicate LOW oil PRESSURE..as a low level can lead to supply isdues to the pump.

BUT : DPF equipped vehicles can dilute the oil with diesel fuel.. and levels become TOO HIGH.

Is there a reading element to the dipstick
On your 1.6?

Parts location info:
https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/diagrams/103/3V/0/0/CC1.6/CMBDS/GDX/lubrification-system

Charlie

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply varesecrazy,
I have the oil and filter changed at the correct intervals with the DPF compatible oil normally puts a different warning light on (oil can flashing) and comes up change oil in the display.Also the oil can displays for low oil pressure I am aware of these.
What i am getting is a red dipstick warning light and check engine oil level low.. Oil level is fine on the dipstick and once restarted it stays off again only comes on about every 2 weeks aprox 1000 miles in between it coming on.
Its definite oil level and there is no low oil pressure issue the amount of miles i do it would of exploded or seized up by now. I will get it scanned i am certain its going to be a faulty oil level sensor was just curious if anyone else had this issue or knows where its located..
Regards Monty

Back