Technical Mass air sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Mass air sensor

Daveof49

Not sure whether to continue with my LOSS OF POWER thread as this is linked but thought I would start a new thread.

Does anyone know whether a Vectra Mass Air Sensor will work on my 1.9 Diesel Croma.

Ended up taking to local garage to try and cure the loss of power and after changing the fuel filter (to no effect) the MAS was disconnected and the car seems to run better, not perfect but better. So, the garage says they will quote me for a Vauxhall MAS as it is the same. However I am a bit concerned that it may be the same as the steering pump in that it looks the same but incompatible because of software differences.

Anyone know?

Yes the Vectra MAS does fit and work.

It has improved the performance but not taken it on a motorway yet.

However, it failed to start this morning cos of a flat battery.

As the MAS was only fitted last week is there a connection or have I just got a bad battery?:confused::bang:

Yes the Vectra MAS does fit and work.

It has improved the performance but not taken it on a motorway yet.

However, it failed to start this morning cos of a flat battery.

As the MAS was only fitted last week is there a connection or have I just got a bad battery?:confused::bang:

Did you disconnect the battery when fitting the MAP? If so you may have disturbed a connection. Check the battery clamps are tight and the fuses in the positive connetor box are OK. The MAP itself will not flatten a battery.

Robert G8RPI.

Back