General Looking a croma

Currently reading:
General Looking a croma

icom102

Hi I’m looking to buy a 1985 to 1996 Croma if anyone can help j

Technically no, because an individual can't legally scrap a car. In practice I think a lot of cars listed as SORN have actually been reduced to parts. Listing as SORN is the only way to break a car as a private individual and not pay road tax on it or pay a disposal agent to certify it was scrapped. No sure how many disposal agents will provide a certfiicate of destruction without scrapping it themselves.

Robert G8RPI.

Trying to be slightly more helpful, "how many left" indictes thet there are only 50 Mk1 Cromas left in the UK , 19 on the road and 31 SORN.
See https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/browse/fiat/fiat_croma

You will have to keep a search with email alerts on ebay, autotrader etc.

Robert G8RPI.
Out of interest, when did SORN come about? Is it possible that there's a lot of cars (in general, not just Cromas,) that were taken off the road before you had to declare it?

SORN started 31st Jan 1998.
The only cars that will not be on SORN are those that were unregistered on that date. Even if you had scrapped the car, unless you told the DVLA you would have still got a SORN notice. I don't know what would happen if you tried to register a car that had been declared as scrapped before 1998.

Robert G8RPI.

Back