General starting probs on 2005 doblo cargo 1.3 multijet diesel

Currently reading:
General starting probs on 2005 doblo cargo 1.3 multijet diesel

Tonytnd

2005 fiat doblo cargo 1.3 mulijet will drive perfectly all day until i switch it off, then it wont start. I have to leave it parked, facing down hill so i can roll start it and it starts up instantly...
I have taken it to two garages for diagnostic checks and neither of them showed any fault codes and they said it is more of a fuel delivery fault.

I cant afford huge garage bills just yet so any ideas you guys out there?

2005 fiat doblo cargo 1.3 mulijet will drive perfectly all day until i switch it off, then it wont start. I have to leave it parked, facing down hill so i can roll start it and it starts up instantly...
I have taken it to two garages for diagnostic checks and neither of them showed any fault codes and they said it is more of a fuel delivery fault.

I cant afford huge garage bills just yet so any ideas you guys out there?

Does it start OK fist thing in the morning?
If it starts OK on a roll it could be an electrical issue such as bad earthing on ECU or lift pump. Can you hear th lift pump in the fuel ank run briefly when you turn on the ignition? Have you checked all th fuses?

In any case next thing to do is change the fuel filter unless you know for sure it has been changed recently. Were the garages able to monitor the fuel pressure and demand? Fiat specific diagnostics like Multiecuscan can do this but generic code readers can't. The fuel pressures will tell you a lot.

Robert G8RPI

Back