Technical Tyre pressure sensors

Currently reading:
Technical Tyre pressure sensors

Hello I have 2016 595 and about two weeks after picking it up I got a puncture and the on board computer told me which tyre was low and to check it etc-brilliant. Well about 5 months ago I had all 4 tyres changed at national tyre and auto care ( what a joke ). About 3 weeks ago I got a message on the screen saying to check tyre pressures, no particular tyre and it’s said KO which it didn’t before. Well it was the back left tyre which was loosing pressure so yesterday I got it plugged and the mechanic said there wasn’t a tyre pressure sensor in it? Don’t these cars have tyre pressure sensors or did national tyre and auto joke remove them and replace them with regular valves. Please help before I loose my s*#t with them and then look stupid. Also if they don’t have pressure sensors as standard then what does KO mean? I googled it and all it tells you it how to reset it which I know how to. You can buy sensor for them on eBay for £160 for all 4 corners.

Thanks for reading and any light you may be able to shed

TIA

Tristam

Depends if the TPMS in the 500 uses sensors in the wheels or whether it looks at wheel speeds. My BMW uses the ABS system to sense if a tyre is flat, it’s not as good as having pressure sensors in the wheels, but it’s on runflats so it’s not quite as much of an issue.

No idea what KO means. 500 doesn't have sensors,the TPMS works via the abs system measureing the rolling diameter of the wheel. Has the KO message gone after ther reset?

Yes I reset it again and it’s stayed off. Mechanic said I could be running via the abs system. It’s going in for its second service on Monday so will ask them then what it means. Thanks for you help

Back