Technical Error Code: PO244 Overboost Solenoid Valve

Currently reading:
Technical Error Code: PO244 Overboost Solenoid Valve

Seagulls

TA Panda 4x4 with 55k on the clock. Been suffering a slight hesitation under load and a few days ago the car went into Limp Mode on a stretch of motorway. Got the car home and got the ECU checked. Error code is as per thread title. Is the Solenoid valve the wastegate valve?

Any idea where I can replace the faulty part?

I believe this is a fairly generic code relating to turbo boost control rather than the solenoid it's self (though that is still possible).

If it over boosts it can throw up this as the engine ECU "sees" data that is out of expected range and can't compute it, so you get a circuit/range/performance code.

So this might be related to the loose wastegate spindle on the turbo that owners have been reporting, if the wastegate is stuck open, it'll overboost when or very near wide open throttle.

There's at least one thread about it with this vid

Last edited:
Thanks, the video shows the spindle as loose. Is there a way to tighten the spindle?

Did you get this problem sorted? I am experiencing similar problems with the same P0244 fault code.

Did you get this problem sorted? I am experiencing similar problems with the same P0244 fault code.
No. Still getting symptoms sporadically. Car stutters to get in the power band. If I rag the arse off the twin air it works brilliantly but is not (no) good on part throttle in sixth. The multiair is working as is the turbo - but something is making the car go into limp mode. I had a similar thing with a TDi VW unit and replacing the boost solenoid worked - but that was only a £40 part. The Fiat Part is the thick end of £250!

No. Still getting symptoms sporadically. Car stutters to get in the power band. If I rag the arse off the twin air it works brilliantly but is not (no) good on part throttle in sixth. The multiair is working as is the turbo - but something is making the car go into limp mode. I had a similar thing with a TDi VW unit and replacing the boost solenoid worked - but that was only a £40 part. The Fiat Part is the thick end of £250!
Sounds almost like what mine does. Mine just gets the engine management light to come in, but no limp mode, just down on power.
It is usually triggered on long uphills doing around 70mph.
Was thinking of getting a terra clean done to see if it would make a difference.

Not sure that a Terraclean would help with a faulty solenoid - although I'm happy to be corrected.

And just to be concise - my TA also lights up with engine and triangle warning lights "Check Engine - StopStart unavailable".

Power is right down (I call this Limp Mode). The power does come back once I can get the MultiAir to get into the power band (on the - non-existent - cam) in any gear.

I will have a look at the sticking wastegate and also try to see if any pipes are split.

I have the same issue. Car lacks power and enters "limp mode" after check engine light comes on. It always happens full throttle in 4th or 5th gear. Replaced waste gate, replaced solenoid, replaced by pass valve. No leaks. Turbo works. Code shows always P0244. After reset same happens over and over again.

Searched this forum for solutions for days and finally decided to join in search for help!!

So is the next step replacing the turbo?

I have the same issue. Car lacks power and enters "limp mode" after check engine light comes on. It always happens full throttle in 4th or 5th gear. Replaced waste gate, replaced solenoid, replaced by pass valve. No leaks. Turbo works. Code shows always P0244. After reset same happens over and over again.

Searched this forum for solutions for days and finally decided to join in search for help!!

So is the next step replacing the turbo?
Hi, did you ever find out what was the problem?

Even though the turbo seemed to work ok the error codes continued to appear. Dealer said I needed a turbo replacement. Due to mileage and age I sold the car. Sorry for late reply.

Back