Technical Swirl flap Delete

Currently reading:
Technical Swirl flap Delete

ash bravo

Ok So here’s Another question I’ve got a 1.9 diesel 120 and was wondering if this has swirl flaps.
As I’ve done a lot of work to the car recently including the new gearbox and kind of don’t want it to decide to eat a swirl flap so was planning on removing it. but I cannot see anything that would suggest it’s got them on the intake I am also planning to remove the Erg valve or sneak in a blanking plate ..... also whilst I’m asking questions with any common problems I should look out for on this Engine (19A8.000)

Should have swirl flaps, look behind the cam cover by the glow plugs, there should be a flat bar running across which works them unless it's already come off which is common when the start to stick. Easy to blank off the EGR, just slacken the 2 bolts which hold the pipe on and slip a piece of flat metal strip in.

Should have swirl flaps, look behind the cam cover by the glow plugs, there should be a flat bar running across which works them unless it's already come off which is common when the start to stick. Easy to blank off the EGR, just slacken the 2 bolts which hold the pipe on and slip a piece of flat metal strip in.

I’ve had a good look today and I cant see any bar or suggestion it’s got them it looks like it goes straight in to the engineI think I might just take the manifold off and have a look ? Or ring fiat tomorrow

Back