Technical New Fiat Polski owner. Question about alternator

Currently reading:
Technical New Fiat Polski owner. Question about alternator

FiatPolski

Hello!
I have a question about my alternator as i cant get it to charge the battery. I have no experience working on cars so this is a learn by doing project.
I bought the car without the engine and I bought a enginge from some random guy online that did not have any information about the engine except that it should work. I have put the engine in and it runs ok. So now im hoping to get the alternator working. I have added a picture of the wiring. Hoping that its just a stupid mistake. Best regards

Attachments

• 43546359_178975146324477_3476541460768096256_n.jpg
    43546359_178975146324477_3476541460768096256_n.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 216
Hello!
I have a question about my alternator as i cant get it to charge the battery. I have no experience working on cars so this is a learn by doing project.
I bought the car without the engine and I bought a enginge from some random guy online that did not have any information about the engine except that it should work. I have put the engine in and it runs ok. So now im hoping to get the alternator working. I have added a picture of the wiring. Hoping that its just a stupid mistake. Best regards

Apart from the suppressor connection to that 6mm stud terminal I think there should just be the heavy cable (brown on my car) which I believe comes from the battery via the starter motor. If that white wire comes from the loom then I think it should go to the brush holder where you have the purple wire which I think can be removed .

Apart from the suppressor connection to that 6mm stud terminal I think there should just be the heavy cable (brown on my car) which I believe comes from the battery via the starter motor. If that white wire comes from the loom then I think it should go to the brush holder where you have the purple wire which I think can be removed .

Thank you for the answer! My cable is also brown from the battery. But there is some kind of capacitator/regulator thing connected to it (have added a picture) dont know if this is needed with the alternator I have since it already have an voltage regulator? The capacitator thing might have been needed for the old engine since it was connected to the car I bought... but since I put in an new engine this is maby not needed? or am i wrong? Could this couse a problem?

Attachments

• 20181009_143144.jpg
    20181009_143144.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 80
Thank you for the answer! My cable is also brown from the battery. But there is some kind of capacitator/regulator thing connected to it (have added a picture) dont know if this is needed with the alternator I have since it already have an voltage regulator? The capacitator thing might have been needed for the old engine since it was connected to the car I bought... but since I put in an new engine this is maby not needed? or am i wrong? Could this couse a problem?

That suppressor is not like anything I have seen before on a 126 but my experience in mainly with 1987 or earlier cars. You could take the brown wire direct to the alternator stud and the White wire to the brush holder.

That suppressor is not like anything I have seen before on a 126 but my experience in mainly with 1987 or earlier cars. You could take the brown wire direct to the alternator stud and the White wire to the brush holder.

Will try this when I get the time :) thank you. Will cut the thing of and connect the brown cable directly... the car is from 1978 but it might have been put on there later... the engine I dont know when its from. Did you know where the purple should go? Tried to google and found a picture where the purple was connected to the white... but there was no description on the picture... might be sombody that have connected it wrong also... never know..

Will try this when I get the time :) thank you. Will cut the thing of and connect the brown cable directly... the car is from 1978 but it might have been put on there later... the engine I dont know when its from. Did you know where the purple should go? Tried to google and found a picture where the purple was connected to the white... but there was no description on the picture... might be sombody that have connected it wrong also... never know..

Back