General Thermostat Location

Currently reading:
General Thermostat Location

Noony

2011 Qubo 1.3TD 95bhp manual trans.

Hi gang,
My heater is at best blowing out warm air even after a good run and temp needle is normal.

My guess is the thermostat but can anyone tell me where it is located and is this a DIY job please?

Thanks in advance Noony

emaps.jpg

Thermostat is "1" in the above picture, it's on the gearbox side of the engine. I've never done one on a 1.3, but I have on the 1.1 and 1.4 petrol engines and it's an easy DIY job. Have a look through the guides section for a thermostat replacement, the principle is the same regardless of what engine it's for.

Please post when you bought as a replacement and results..also where you got the unit from. In Autumn the heater copes with cooler days but from about mid-November to Feb I l have mine on full most of the time and it is never 'hot'! That's been the same for a new Fiorino and two Qubos.
(All Dualogic 1.3 diesels)

R-V-M

2011 Qubo 1.3TD 95bhp manual trans.

Hi gang,
My heater is at best blowing out warm air even after a good run and temp needle is normal.

My guess is the thermostat but can anyone tell me where it is located and is this a DIY job please?

Thanks in advance Noony

Haven't got round to changing the stat yet but one thing I have also noticed is that after a good long run the water in the expansion tank is also not very hot.

I removed the cap and was able to stick my finger in it so it really was not that hot!!!!

Surely this can't be right can it???

Haven't got round to changing the stat yet but one thing I have also noticed is that after a good long run the water in the expansion tank is also not very hot.

I removed the cap and was able to stick my finger in it so it really was not that hot!!!!

Surely this can't be right can it???

No.. far from it. :(

Diesels are a lot more efficient.. so do not generate HEAT like petrols..
.but of course that makes a decent thermostat even more important ;)

Surely if the waterpump has packed in I wouldn't have been able to successfully complete a 180 mile round trip last weekend without some form of issue? The needle on the temp gauge stays at 90 while driving. I will check fluid moves when engine revved to confirm waterpump though.

I know diesels do take longer to warm up but both my Berlingo and transit connect diesels actually put out hot air into the cab rather that just warm air once up to temperature.

My Qubo has now done 46K miles and I did wonder if the matrix was blocked but since being able to stick my finger in the coolant expansion tank without burning said finger made me think the issue is elsewhere.

Any news on a warmer car?

R-V-M

Hi red Van Man,
Unfortunately I have done nothing with it as yet. It is strange though as temp needle gets to the right position quite quickly and air does warm up but there is just no oomph to it. My Audi's heating can make you sweat it's so hot it's mad.

Just had a word with a customer of mine who has had the same vehicle as mine (even down to the colour) from new and only done 20K miles. They said their heater has been crap from day one!!!!!!

(Not sure where this post went earlier..?so I will write again)

Surely a gauge saying @100'c

And a header you can put your finger in

Do not add up.

I would be tempted to bleed the system.

For what it is worth.. I have 2 GPs with this engine old one good heater ( for a small diesel)
Latest purchease.. lousy heater..and an over full header.. something tells me they are tricky to bleed.

Interestingly:

Doesnt have the bleed screws I am used to on FIRE petrols
Charlie

Last edited:
I think that might be my first port of call as bleeding is the least invasive, I will wait for warmer weather first though as it's too chilly to be messing about on engines.

Does anyone know the correct procedure for this please?

Back