General New owner saying hello + tyre pressure question

Currently reading:
General New owner saying hello + tyre pressure question

stromonoff

Hi All,

Just bought a 1.6 multijet Station Wagon and am liking it a lot, so firstly just to say hello.

Also I have a question on tyre pressures if anyone knows the answer. I will ask the main dealer but it would be good to get an opinion here as well.

The owners manual says for the 1.6 Mjet station wagon with 205/55 R16 tyres, pressures are 2.5bar front and 2.3 rear.

However it also says the 'ECO' model with the same engine and tyre size BUT with Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance tyres (205/55 R16 91H) the pressures are increased to 2.8 bar front and 2.5 bar rear. Which is quite a big increase just for a different tyre brand.

SO THE QUESTION:- My car isn't the 'ECO' model as far as I am aware, but IS equiped with Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres, same size, (only 91V instead of 91H). So higher tyre pressure would apply as it is the Goodyear Efficient Grip? Am I right?

I was confused as it is only the ECO which is listed with those tyres but my Easy Plus has them fitted anyway, so what to do? They are the original tyres, not been changed.

Not the most rivetting of subjects, but an increase of 12% in the front tyre pressures seem huge so I want to get it right !!

Thanks in advance if anyone knows

Back