Technical What would this connect to?

Currently reading:
Technical What would this connect to?

Found this connector whilst looking around, but it’s got an orange plastic cover on it, so I’m assuming it would be used for something my car doesn’t have. Anyone know what it’s for?

I have a 11 plate Punto Evo GP and I found the connector near the battery and washer bottle on the right-hand side.

Cheers.

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG

Nope. I’m thinking it may be for a sensor if it had a turbo as it’s a long wire that was tucked away and reaches near the engine. [emoji848] could also be if it had climate control? Could be anything haha.

There are quite often unused plugs in car wiring looms, could be for something your car was never meant to have fitted, different engine option, different spec or something left over from an old revision of a wiring loom.

In engineering they may design a wiring loom for a purpose, but the engine design team change something and that part of the loom is no longer needed, the wiring loom design team don’t get told till the car is ready for production or testing by which time the managers don’t want to make changes as they want the car on sale as soon as possible, once the car has entered the market, they can go back make the amendments and sign off the changes, which could be a year or so later, so a plug is never used.

In any case I wouldn’t worry about it.

Back